Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March Marketing Madness

This week I was asked to do a talk about Social Media Tips at the Santa Clara Chamber of Commerce for the Power Partners Group on Quick Tips for Social Media.
While I was putting these together I did laugh out loud several times as I caught myself not following my own advice for my own company even though I do it for my clients.

Facebook
  • Do you need to be on?  Why? If yes then:
  • Have a separate business and personal page
  • Use pictures every time so that is shows up in the newsfeed better.
  • Use customizable links. (For example http://bit.ly/PowerPartners instead of http://www.santaclarachamber.com/cwt/External/WCPages/WCEvents/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=768)
  • For every 5 posts you do, do 3 post about something industry related or that shows your personality and then 2 about your business
Twitter
  • Do you need to be on? Why?
  • Set your profile photo
  • Pick username that is easy to remember
  • customized your background 
  • follow industry leaders

Blogs
  • Can be short, about 2 paragraphs and a picture
  • Link back to your website or other social media sites
Pinterest
  • Do you need to be on? Why?
  • Build boards industry themed
  • Pin images that link back to your website or blog
  • Use it to help find interesting images to post on Facebook
LinkedIn
  • Get good pictures
  • Complete your profile
  • Add skills
  • Join groups
  • Link with people after mixers or events


I hope what I came up with is helpful, and please let me know if you have any tips of your own.

We would love to hear from you